Kitty-corner?!?!
Question: Is the term "kitty-corner" native to North Dakota or just a mid-western colloquialism?
If you need a definition, "kitty-corner" means nothing more, as far as I can tell, than adjacent to or across from. I must admit that I'm used to the phrase "catty-corner" so its not so much the definition that throws me off as much as the replacement of kitty for catty.
Why kitty?

3 Comments:
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! someone else says kittycorner. i have to remember that north dakota is a good state to visit for that reason. do you have any idea how many people i have had the "kitty" vs "katty" corner conversation with?!! "katty" isn't even a word!!! so my question is .... why "katty"????
Blog surfing and found your Blog. I am from Saskatoon, Sask., Canada, yes grab a map, we are further NORTH than Fargo. We stopped there on our way to Minneapolis the same time you moved there. Loved the city, they had the same heat we were enjoying in Saskatoon. I will remember you in my prayers as you develop your ministry there. I will be back to Fargo sometime as it is a really nice friendly place.
Brenda
Margaret...I thought of you last night. I watched the season finale of Project Runway! I even had my hippied-metaled out boyfriend sucked in!! Haha....I was super excited Ule won!! Hope all is well in Fargo!! Miss you. ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home